This one day course will be held at the ASSERT Centre, College of Medicine & Health, UCC, Cork on two dates, the 10th and 11th November 2022.
The course is geared towards general surgical trainees and practising surgeons who wish to develop their skills in the common as well as the less commonly required exposures and techniques in general and emergency abdominal surgery. Participants will gain hands-on experience with open surgical dissection in our state-of-the-art surgical skills laboratory.
The simulated operating rooms feature integrated audio-visual facilities to allow for intra-procedural guidance and post procedural feedback. Course places are limited to maximise dissection time for each participant and to allow for one-to-one tuition from the expert faculty.
Pre-reading course material will be provided.
- Laparotomy and Aortic Clamping
- Pringle Manoeuvre and Liver Packing
- Liver trauma and splenectomy
- Right and Left Visceral Rotation
- Duodenal Exposure
- Thoracic aorta and pericardium
- Fresh Frozen Cadaveric Dissection
- Case-based approach to exposures
- Morning, lunch and evening breaks and refreshments on each day
Faculty – tbc
CME Points Awarded from RCSI: 10 points
Emergency Surgical Skills Course (ESSC) Cork 2022: €1050.00